So we started on the stove install 2 days ago. When he opened the wall to look at the old chimney we decided to change our strategy. 🙂
I was sent up-river to exchange some parts and buy what was needed to construct a whole new chimney.
That happened yesterday.
Apart from some continued trauma and angst felt by the cats, things went smoothly. I did an “omg I have a working stove” dance.
Yes the lightning rod was put back where it belonged. I’ve mentioned before, I think, that I have 4 of them.
Now I also have a working stove. I am thrilled!
I also have a whole lot of sawdust, bits of plaster, and wood pieces to clean up. I’ll be smiling while I do it though. 🙂